Join us in bringing awareness, prevention, and dialogue
to end child sexual abuse.
End Child Sexual Abuse NOW!
Saturday, April 19, 1:30 – 4:30pm
Oakland Asian Cultural Center
388 9th Street, Oakland
As many of you know myself and 8 community members have been working to create an event that emphasizes the importance of community involvement to end child sexual abuse (CSA) and increase visibility of those impacted by it.
Please SAVE THE DATE. This event will include:
- Discussions about current efforts being made to address CSA;
- Community forum to bring voice to those impacted by CSA;
- Special film screening of preliminary footage from You Me and the Fruit Trees;
- Resources and information sharing;
- Healing arts activity;
- Most importantly, we want to bring visibility to this largely shrouded issue by leading a community march to the local city hall as a call to action!
Parts of the event will be filmed for the documentary my team and I are currently producing. It’s a character driven film that follows several survivors of CSA and includes leaders in the movement to end child sexual abuse as well as other community members impacted by CSA. For more information on this documentary please visit: Trailer
We are also thrilled and honored to share that the City of Berkeley unanimously passed our proclamation to recognize “End Child Sexual Abuse NOW!” as a day in Berkeley. We have a whole lot to celebrate and hope you can be there April 19th to celebrate with us!
Please share this invitation with your networks through social media, tweet it, post it and forward this post to your friends, co-workers and family. Invite your friends on Facebook here: End CSA EVENT
Stay tune for a list of speakers and more details.
Together we can end CSA!
Tracey Quezada –email@example.com
Danielle Castro – Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org